Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Another approach

    Hey, it's Election Day and I'm more than a little frazzed owing mostly to anticipation and partly to getting up at 6 to go vote. So don't expect a lot. I've mentioned now and again about adding EV olive oil and honey to my assorted muffins or cookies. For some reason, I always seem to use two tablespoons of the former and four of the latter, and to avoid having to wait a week for the @#$#@ honey to vacate the measuring spoon, I added one T of olive oil followed by two of honey, then repeated.
    Today, I decided to vacate this approach and instead add approximately 1/2 a tablespoon of olive oil, one of honey, and repeat four times. It's embarrassing yet again to admit what an idiot I am. MAN did that work better! Granted, my approximating skills are pretty iffy, but then if I were going to get worried about precise amounts I probably would have started a long time ago. The honey drops right out of the spoon all four times, whereas before this usually only worked on the tablespoonful right after the one of oil. Sure makes cooking more fun!
    Last night's dreams again left little memory, you lucky ducks, but the memory I have is very funny. Seems I was running with mobsters. However, this was only online. Apparently, instead of having cool nicknames like Joe Bananas and Vincent the Chin they all had Twitter handles instead. Which leads me to wonder: do they? And do I really want to join Twitter just to find out?

No comments:

Post a Comment