Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Further non-nightmares

    I think I've mentioned that I am the host of the local chapter of Drinking Liberally. At the moment we are on a tour of the bars and restaurants of the South Carolina Midlands in hopes of finding a congenial permanent home. At last week's meeting, a new member suggested a bar called Jake's. The next day, a person who had been a member years ago messaged me that Jake's was a client of hers, and if we would check out their new menu, they would give us a free pint with every food purchase. I considered this a sign, and went ahead and scheduled last night's meeting there.
    I guess I was a little nervous about it. The previous night, I had my first DL-centered dream ever. It was another "nightmare because it said so." In other words, nothing bad happened, but I felt stressed and nervous, so it was nightmare-like. The only bad thing in the dream was that everybody was eating pizza. (I'm gluten- and casein-free.)
    Anyway, in real life, the meeting turned out to be one of those fun-filled fiascoes that I so specialize in. The bartender didn't know we were coming and knew nothing about free pints with purchase. The tables were all nailed or glued down, so we couldn't rearrange them to something to accommodate our numbers (ten when we all got there). And the bartender was the only one there, so we all had to order at the bar and then wait endlessly. All the same, it was a hoot. I've got such a great group that we always have fun. I have such a great group that I can't get them to go out for jazz anymore after the meeting; they just stay and have more fun. Which is great and glorious, except for my other friends the jazz musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment