Sunday, January 6, 2013

I'm home

    In all this time, I've probably posted this before. But it's really just a syntax exercise, and I could probably stand a little fine-tuning. If I've posted it before, maybe I'll get it right this time.
    Years ago when I lived in Philadelphia, I noticed that when I got home if I saw a light on in my window, I'd think, "I'm home." This meant not that I had arrived home, but what you would think if you were visiting somebody else's house and saw a light on inside: "Oh good, they're home." I'm pretty sure that I was aware at all times that I wasn't really inside. Although I sometimes bid for sainthood, bi-location isn't going to be part of my application. It was just a transitory thought; normal people might have this kind of idea and immediately correct themselves without even thinking about it. I thought it was funny, and still do.
    In the wintertime, I have my lights on a much greater percentage of the time, so I'm relatively more likely to get home and find the lights on. And yes, I'll admit it; I still think, "I'm home." Well I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment