Saturday, January 5, 2013

Wait a minute

    Today, Dad is feeling much better. He thinks it was the sedative that they gave him for his procedure that made him feel so weak. I still think that hunger was more likely the cause, but all that's important is that he feels much better today. That has nothing to do with what I'm posting today, but some readers might have missed the Facebook updates, and anyway it's so much to the front of my mind I figured I'd better address it first.
    Also what I'm posting about today is of infinitesimal importance, just a minor pet peeve. At the station where I most usually get gas, after you've finished pumping (assuming you're using a credit card), the screen asks, "Receipt Y/N?" If you say no (also presumably if you say yes, but I always say no, er, N), it then says "Wait a minute," then resets for the next customer. I know it's just lazy programming. I know I can just substitute in my mind whatever appropriate phrase should in fact be there ("Thanks for buying gas here," say) and just not worry about it. Generally, I just look away so it won't annoy me yet again. But still; dumbness just gets on my nerves. My transaction is done! I don't need to wait a minute! There. I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment