Tuesday, January 8, 2013

September 4th

    No, I'm not going to try to make any brilliant deductions about life before September 11th. I'm not even going to jump up and down about stupidity or silliness among my fellow human beings. I'm just honestly bewildered.
    On the herbie-curbie today (or if you prefer, rolling garbage can) was a yellow sticker saying that as of September 4th, a list (provided) of items would be added to those in the roadside recycling program. Now on August 8th, say, this would be perfectly reasonable, but on January 8th I'm a little confused. Do they mean last September 4th and it just took this long to print the stickers? Or do they mean next September 4th and they just want to be WAY ahead of the curve? As I say, bewildering. Not important, but bewildering.
    As it happens, every now and then I put something in the recycling that hasn't previously been accepted just to see if anything has changed, and it seems like at some point last year the list of items did expand. It just seems like it was some time before September 4th. Unfortunately (and incredibly) I didn't blog about it at the time, so it'll just be another of life's little mysteries. I will try to cope somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment