Thursday, January 10, 2013

Recycling

    Where I used to live, the Mob controlled trash hauling. By extension, they handled a lot of recycling as well. Of course, the world has changed a lot since the 1980s, and maybe this has changed, too. But I was thinking about what would happen to my smart phone when the contract on it runs out and I presumably get a new one. Where I live, if there's any Mob activity they're keeping it on the QT pretty successfully. But I was wondering about New York, Philadelphia or Chicago, what happens to old cell phones, and who recycles them? On one hand, some of the components are very rare and valuable. On the other, the personal information stored inside is even more valuable.
    So if you live in a somewhat more Mob-riddled (or crime-ridden, or smart-people-dominated) area than I do, be sure to think about what happens to your cell phone when you're done with it. Or tell me I'm talking out of my ass; in this one case, I'd be MUCH more than glad to find out that I'm totally mistaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment