Saturday, April 26, 2014

"Are you mad?!"

    After all my braggage, I too showed a certain inability to control my temper at dialysisville today. They have moved Dad's chair time earlier as of this past Thursday, but so far have been unable to provide an actual chair (or in his case, bed) at this time. In fact, both times he wound up going in later than his previous time. So Margaret has to get up earlier to get him breakfast, I schlep him in, and then we sit and wait.
    When I finally asked when he would be allowed back, I was told that they know he's here and it would be soon. Then a nurse (or technician; I'm never sure about titles there) whom I'd talked to Thursday came out. She had told me then that they knew about his new time and that they would surely try harder to get him in earlier today. So today, after another half-hour wait that wiped out the earlier time that THEY had insisted on, when she told me it would be another 15 minutes, I got a little annoyed. The subject line above was the result.
    Anyway, they got him in within 5 or 10 minutes, and I thanked her for her help. And I wasn't jumping up and down, using profanity or otherwise abusive. It was more a British comedy kind of "Are you mad?" then a serious imputation of insanity. I hope I didn't hurt Dad's situation any. I am sincerely sympathetic with the staff. I think they have an administrator who believes in magic. "I say he has a new chair time and POOF! He has a new chair time." I suspect she might need to take a more hands-on approach.
    So an annoying morning, but hopefully no harm done. If I can find some more or less diplomatic way to make common cause with the staff against their administration, I'll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment