Saturday, April 12, 2014

Further what-the-hellism

    Sorry, more bewildering dreamage. Again I was listening to murder mysteries on old-time radio as I slept. Suddenly, I was dreaming a documentary about anti Vietnam War protests here. And there were black and white photographs of what was supposed to be the Columbia Hospital with Greek letter banners hung from it. In that era, there was in fact a Columbia Hospital, replaced by the creepily named Richland Memorial up the road a bit a few years later, since renamed Palmetto Richland. In the dream, the old hospital was a red-brick version of a Greek temple. In real life, it was a dump. (A red-brick one though, it's true.) There really were antiwar demonstrations on campus here but the campus and the hospital weren't particularly close to each other; there's no reason anybody would drape banners from it and of course there's no reason anybody would write their fraternity names on the banners in an antiwar protest anyway.
    I dunno; I get that all dreams are weird. I do read this stuff back from time to time and pick up a lot of sameness in my weird dreams. But this was so totally left-field. Also I had actually been listening to the radio show shortly before. I'd expect some kind of murder mystery dream or anyway some relationship with current or recent reality. It just seemed extra weirdo. Ok, I'll try to shut up about dreams for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment