Friday, April 11, 2014

Mobile Command Unit: The Positive Difference

    I believe I've blithered in a previous year about the oddity that is the City of Columbia writing "The Positive Difference" on its police cars, doubly odd since it's right under "Call 9-1-1." It being a largish city, it's not surprising that the police have a Mobile Command Unit, a specially fitted out RV. Lately it's parked in the lot of my favorite city park, which I call Canal Park for short but which is formally known as Historic Columbia Canal and Riverfront Park. I don't know what's going on. Well, most days very little is going on with it, but on some days such as today there are a gazillion taxicabs on the lot with it. Presumably something about checking inspection or business licenses or something similar. Kinda odd.
    Anyway, the Mobile Command Unit also has "The Positive Difference" painted on it rather prominently. So now, along with wondering if the Columbia Police are competing with area 9-1-1 systems, now I wonder if they're competing with area mobile command units. Well it could happen!
    Just for a switch, I won't blither about my dreaming. My playing of old-time radio during sleeping hours finally paid off with straight up entertainment, as I woke up for the climax of the "Suspense" episode "Sorry, Wrong Number" with Agnes Moorehead. If you haven't heard it, you should look it up. (It's on YouTube, last I checked.) Truly electrifying. Now I need a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment