Wednesday, April 16, 2014

People suck, ya know?

    As I said, Dad and Margaret are at the motel again for a week or two. As it happens, they got exactly the same room. Last time, Dad found that the bathroom sink had no plug. They asked management to fix it, but nothing happened, so I went out and got a rubber plug at a hardware store for a dollar and the problem was solved.
    Surprise! Bathroom sink again has no plug. I clearly remember us leaving it behind for future guests. You would think that anybody would be able to figure out that the greatest good for the greatest number is just to leave the plug, as it's practically worthless anywhere else but very useful in that one bathroom. Then again, it's been six months or so; it would be a surprise if nobody had taken it. Not for nothing do so many motels nail down the remote controls. (This one doesn't, fortunately. Dad and Margaret would have difficulty if they did.) And it's hardly an imposition on me to have to go out and get another one. But it would have been nice if the guests in between our visits had just been thoughtful and left the stupid plug.
    Of course, I'm really going to feel stupid in a minute when I find my memory lied to me and the plug was here in this apartment all along. But I don't think that will happen.

Edit: People DON'T suck! Housekeeper turned up with a plug before I made it to the hardware store. This raises the possibility that the management or the housekeeper took it away so guests wouldn't steal it and so it would be available should anybody ask for it. Regardless, the problem is solved. I'll leave the subject line unchanged; it was ironical in the first place anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment