Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Little problems

    There's a reason this is called Writing When the Cat Lets Me. When I sit at the keyboard, she nearly always comes and visits, knowing what a total pushover I am and that she will receive scritches. Yesterday, she suddenly had a black mark on her face by her right eye. Were she a child, I would guess that she'd been playing with a Sharpie, but I'm pretty sure this isn't in her skill set. I appreciate that this isn't going to be the first concern of any reader, but having such an in-your-face kitty means that I can't help but think about it. A lot.
    Whatever damn mark is, it's as permanent as if she'd been messing with a permanent marker. I can't wash it off. I received a helpful suggestion from a Facebook friend to try peroxide, but Amelia is a wary customer. I tried a peroxided paper towel but she wouldn't let me near her. I may try again with a peroxided thumb, but I have to make sure not to get it in her eye. Worrying.
    Then again, maybe it's her real color and the Wite-out finally rubbed off. Who knows?
    The other little problem is the kind of thing that comes up now and again and makes me mildly crazy (or crazier, if you prefer). Pins and needles in my left foot. I don't know if I need new boots, more B12, better shoe-tying lessons, antihistamine or what. Common sense (to the extent I have any) says to try another set of shoes. If the sensation goes away, then I go get new boots. As I say, nothing major, but it is pretty chronically annoying lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment