Sunday, April 27, 2014

Gender bender

    Lately I've been dreaming I'm female. The dreams aren't in any way sexual or even physical; nor did it make a difference that I'm female. Nor is it exactly me; more a case of dreaming in first person where the first person happens to be female. Damned confusing, isn't it? Well the details won't help because I barely remember any. The first time, I had just been fired from my job, apparently for trying to write a novel, and was up in arms to get only $2100 in severance. The second time, now here's a surprise, I was traveling somewhere. I can't remember details. It's just odd that this should happen two nights in a row. It could be another result of playing old-time radio shows in my sleep, of course.
    The traveling dream that I liked better was the one where I was flying from Philadelphia to Philadelphia. Not on a helicopter, but in a plane, presumably a jet. It does occur to me though that we are reaching a point where soon rich people will start doing this, i.e., having multiple personal airports in one city, even though helicopters and heliports are more convenient and economical (or for that matter limos and drivers) just because they can. But I doubt my subconscious mind was trying to make a political point, and I still think it was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment