Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What I'm scared of

    Last night's dreams were tooling along, quite pleasant I guess. I remember stopping at a cheap motel and saying that I knew it was a good place because I had tried it out in a dream first. I seemed to be stopping at a lot of motels, for no particular reason. I also note that in my dreams lately, my dad is a lot more lively, cheerful and outgoing than in real life. I don't just mean compared to now, but ever. I guess I have a strong need to think of him as happy.
    Anyway, I'm in a very large room with assorted people in it. I know somehow that my cat is with me. Some of the other people are playing with a cat the size of one's finger. Not a kitten, but a full-grown cat a couple of inches long. And my cat comes to me, crying for help, unable to use her back legs. I was electrified, and woke up immediately.
    In real life, she was curled up next to me and my hand was on her side. This is fairly unusual; she certainly curls up next to me often enough, but usually gets an urgent message from Cat Central to go look out the window or something and is off like a shot. For her still to be there at 2 in the morning is very odd.
    As with most nightmares, it was another case of me having to pee. It's nice to see that my brain still knows what scares me. It would be even nicer, though, if it would just ring a bell and step out and say, "Hey stupid! Get up! You have to pee!"
    The other night, I had a much better dream, the ultimate escapist dream. Literally. I was escaping. I have many dreams where I'm in another city, but in this one I was me, it was my real current situation, and I was getting to hell out of Dodge with everybody's blessing. I would never leave everybody high and dry like that in real life, but I was so happy! Guess I need to figure out a way to get more vacation-type activity into my life.
    And now, for reading my crazy dreams, here's a reward, courtesy of my friend Terry. Sweet Georgia Brown, performed with a tractor providing the percussion. Hysterical! http://www.wimp.com/ollehemmingsons/

No comments:

Post a Comment