Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Adwentures

    So I was expecting to have trouble with the weather yesterday. I didn't expect to have trouble with the vice president. Joe Biden was speaking at Allen University yesterday. I didn't know about it at the time but checked news reports after the fact. They said he would be speaking in the late morning; we got on the road after 2:30. There must have been a lengthy reception afterwards. His route to the airport crossed our route to the nursing home just about every way possible. If I had known about it, I could have taken the beltway, but that's about the sum of my choices. I doubled back two or three times and eventually got around, but only because the motorcade had passed by then.
    The result was that we took longer to get to the interstate than we spent on the interstate, which is fairly unusual. And we got shoved into the teeth of the storm, which otherwise we would have avoided. (I still like Joe, though.) I saw that the rain was coming and traffic would slow to a crawl so I got off the freeway one exit early and took my flooding on mostly two-lane roads. Margaret said that we must really love him to go through all that to see him. It was fairly exhilarating, though, and never all that dangerous. The ride home was anticlimactic, as the rain subsided until midnight or so. I successfully kept both kitties indoors for both storms and what's more, they behaved. I'll send it in as evidence of a miracle when Biden is up for canonization.

No comments:

Post a Comment