Monday, October 27, 2014

Inertia, or momentum

    Did not want to get up this morning. Once up, just wanted to go back to bed. Once out of bed again, didn't want to do anything still. Finally decided to go to Congaree Creek Heritage Preserve for old time's sake and do the quick 15 minutes in, 15 minutes out stroll just to say I'd done something. And of course once on the train, I went like a freight train and couldn't stop. I forgot my iPod though and so alternated between beeps and boops on one create your own music phone app and Indian raga drone on another. Yes I know I should be enjoying the silence of nature, but where I was I was more likely to get the noise of 12th St. Extension or the interstate. So beeps and boops were an improvement.
    When I reached Congaree Creek, something very large jumped into it. Or anyway something that made a big splash. Should have been an otter but I didn't see its head swimming away. Could have been a gator. Definitely not a fan of beeps and boops. The wary and silent hunter I will never be, I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment