Monday, October 6, 2014

Facebook fun

    For years I've been Facebook friends with several of my favorite singers. Mostly, I attained this status because I asked when they were first getting on Facebook; I don't think it would work for anybody these days. One of those is Peter Case, formerly of the Plimsouls, and long a fave. He's coming to town next Sunday so I promoted him a bit on Drinking Liberally Columbia's Facebook page, and tagged him. And he replied! I think he was wondering whether mentioning that he's a left-winger would be a help in SC, but I assured him that in Columbia and at the venue he's playing it would be a badge of honor. I thought about mentioning, but didn't, that in the rest of SC we'd have to come up with a Confederate general he looked like or wrap him in a Gadsden (Don't Tread On Me!) flag. Anyway, fun with zero degrees of separation!
    I went out walking on Old State Road and kept going. An hour out and an hour back. This is the part of autumn that I like: the temperate part. It was great. I barely even got thirsty. Kicked a few yayas out, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment