Friday, October 10, 2014

The pacemaker monitor doohickey is in the mail

    Apparently, "the pacemaker monitor doohickey is in the mail" goes up with similar statements about "the check" in Great Semi-truths of the World. Anyway, the guy from St. Jude said I would have it this week and now it's Friday afternoon and I still don't have it. I guess I should have known better than to trust a guy with a company named after hopeless causes. Anyway, nobody at the heart clinic seems to be chuffed about it, so if they're not, Lowman Home probably isn't and if they're not, I'm not. Right? (To review, this is a device that gets plugged into the USB drive of the pacemaker monitor which makes it unnecessary to have a phone line, which Dad doesn't.)
    Meanwhile, the Fair is still in town, but getting around hasn't been much of a problem so far. I'm not planning to drive tomorrow unless in the morning, however. There's a music festival downtown featuring Southern Culture on the Skids. A long walk, but I'm planning to make it. They're worth it!

2 comments:

  1. So did you make the SCOTS show? They played Seattle twice this year. Saw the January one with Laura and Patrick. GREAT show. Hope it worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't happened yet. I'm totally stoked. Will be blithering about how I (hopefully) made (will have made?) the 6-mile round-trip walk easier.

      Delete