Thursday, October 9, 2014

Without my magic camera

    My previous cell phone, the Windows Phone, took phenomenal pictures. Or anyway, they looked like phenomenal pictures on the phone. As I have mentioned before, it turned out that what the phone had was a really sensational display. The pictures must have been pretty good to start with or they couldn't have been made to look good. But the fact remains that they never looked as good anywhere else.
    This camera (phone) does not have magic powers. It does have one thing over the previous one: it takes 360 degree (possibly more) panorama shots. However, it's just as frustrating as the previous one was in bright sunlight, since you can't see what you're doing. Yesterday was the opening of the State Fair, and today I took advantage of free lunchtime admission to try to get some shots.. Since I had been very lucky with the magic phone last year getting what (I thought were) excellent pictures, all I wanted this year was at least one magnificent panorama. As it turns out, fairs don't adapt well to panoramas. All the carnie stands between the rides prevent good shots of multiple rides. I could have gotten a panorama of carnie stands, but somehow this didn't appeal. I did eventually get one sort of OK shot. And I can go back every weekday at lunch time for free and try again. But I think I liked it better when my phone lied to me and told me I was a better photographer than I really am. Take note, Samsung!

No comments:

Post a Comment