Friday, October 17, 2014

Situation normal-- pretty good

    You thought I was going to say something else, didn't you? Short version is that Dad got his new drain in no problem, was eating breakfast and doing well when I called to check in, and also has dialysis scheduled for this afternoon. So he's going to have a pretty dang full day. Couple of odd things for the longer version: they called to ask permission to do the drain procedure, then called back to say that since it was continuation of care from the earlier one, they didn't need permission. Then when I called to check in about noon, they wanted me to talk to the dialysis nurse to give permission for that. Now he's been on dialysis for three or four years now. Talk about continuation of care! Maybe it was because he had also had the drain procedure today. Anyway, I certainly gave permission; if it lets him see the football game tomorrow (or if not Carolina's game, the other ones), I'm sure he's all for it. And dialysis certainly beats the alternative.
    The rubber is hitting the road, literally, for the State Fair, and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to leave the neighborhood by car all weekend. Also the football team is having homecoming tomorrow. At noon. I don't know whose brilliant idea this was. I expect to have people trying to park in my living room. So I'm not going to be able to visit Dad as much as I would wish. The Fair runs through Sunday (with MC Hammer, baby!) so traffic is not likely to abate. But we will find a way! Hell, it's walking distance to the hospital for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment