Monday, October 20, 2014

Can't Touch This

    Boy am I glad I made yesterday's posting short! Even though it was an hour-plus into MC Hammer's State Fair closing show, (and keeping in mind that he doesn't have (cough) much material), I nevertheless got to hear "You Can't Touch This" very clearly on the walk over to the fairgrounds for one last set of photos, that time with the real camera. I was a lot happier to hear this than I would have expected. Not that I ever had any kick against Hammer; I just liked "Superfreak" so well that I've always been disappointed to hear the imitation instead. But last night it made for grins. I wish I could have gone to the show; I would have liked to hear "Addams Family" and "Pray," too. Ah well, it was for a good cause.
    I should have paid and gone in anyway, because you really can't get any useful pictures from across a busy road on the wrong side of a fence. But they were OK. It was mainly just an excuse to take my daily walk, which I had missed, anyway.
    Much as I love the Fair, I am ridiculously pleased that it is gone. To be able to go to the store, and if I forget something, I can just go back-- what luxury! The football team is on the road this weekend. They play Auburn, which is unlikely to be fun, but at least there's the silver lining that I'll be able to get around for almost two weeks straight. Quite a change! I've got to move out of this neighborhood one day.
    What I was planning to write about was my weird feet. I seem to have reached a resolution in the old boots/ new insoles struggle. But I guess I'll wait on some kind of definitive results to share such exciting news. Stay on the edge of that chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment