Monday, October 13, 2014

Feet super

    Sorry for the incredibly minor update, but taking out the original insoles on my hiking boots appears to have worked and the ridiculously expensive Superfeet insoles appear to be effective after all. I mean in the good way. I guess trying them out with a 6-mile round-trip walk on concrete and asphalt wasn't the shrewdest idea ever. But pain is gradually going away, and was quite minor to begin with, and my back is starting to feel better, too. On the same principle of spending a lot to avoid spending a lot more, I'll probably get a new car stereo, speaker and antenna to make the old car a lot newer again. Soon.
    Peter Case put on an outstanding show last night. He did many songs and told many stories, all totally delightful. One of the stories was about all the times he had had his equipment stolen. After the show, I found myself alone on stage with his guitars. I only thought about it for an instant. Or two.
    I noticed an odd recurring theme about my dreams last night. Most people dream about the class in college they forgot they registered for and now have to catch up on an entire semester in a day. I used to have that dream all the time. Now, though rather than anxiety, my college-type dreams revolve around minor annoyances. Always, or practically always, I'm in some kind of dorm situation and I've forgotten my mailbox combination (we didn't really have those, did we?) and can't get my mail. Oh, and I'm always leaving furniture in places I've moved out. I think last night I had three sets of furniture left behind and mail I couldn't pick up. Odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment