Sunday, May 29, 2016

Jackson Browne

    We're going to see Jackson Browne solo acoustic tonight and I'm excited, really, I swear I am. The only thing is that I won the tickets last year, picked them up in early January for a show that was initially supposed to be in January but was postponed due to illness. And the radio has been playing the same promos since January of Jackson singing solo and acoustic. And it sounds very, very, very downbeat and depressing. I know that Jackson has been touring for decades and must know by now how to include an upbeat number here and there. I'm sure it will be a great show and that we will enjoy every minute. But I tell you what: whoever made that promo did Jackson a real disservice. If I hadn't won the tickets, there'd be almost no way I would have bought them. That said, I reiterate: I expect to enjoy every minute. AND to call out my home town like at the start of Running On Empty. We are hoping and praying that the "ROCK AND ROLL FOREVER!!!" people from the Moodies show aren't seated behind us again. Cross all fingers and toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment