Thursday, May 12, 2016

Prepared to live off banana chips

    I keep thinking up great blog entries, which I then forget by the time I get to the keyboard. Maybe you've noticed. So in the meantime, I'd like to note that Tamara and I again ate at Cabanas on US 378 (Sunset Blvd., West Columbia), a fun, charming Honduran place. The first time was a little nerve-inducing since they didn't seem to know what gluten is. This second time was, too, but all my fault. I ordered something that included (breaded) fried chicken. I was willing to try cutting off the skin and breading, but it was somewhat too dry for that to work. Tamara asked if they would substitute something not fried and they did! Chicken breast no breading.
    Point to all this is that the basic dish was fried banana chips, very much like mofongo from my favorite Puerto Rican place on the other side of town. Fried banana chips, cabbage and chicken. I just loved the fried banana chips, very much like potatoes. I just don't know how good an idea eating banana chips (or plantain for that matter) at every meal would be. But I might be willing to try. Other point is that Cabanas was just like visiting out Honduran cousins if we had any. Most recommended for people without food sensitivities, but highly recommended nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment