Sunday, May 1, 2016

Perfect game!

    I think I mentioned that a month ago, we were in Charlotte where a restaurant somehow failed to return me my debit card. The next day I called the bank and asked them to cancel my card and send me a new one. They assured me that they would. Weeks later (after the requisite 7-10 business days), I asked at my nearest branch and the Personal Banker told me that nothing had happened. Not to worry, though, HE would cancel the card and have a new one sent. After another 7-10, I got sore annoyed and called the bank again. Turns out, they HAD sent the card when I asked the first time; it just went missing in the mail. Personal Banker had done nothing he had said he would, or at least nothing on my account. This is the same guy who mislaid my telephone number when I was trying to get a fax to be able to do my taxes, eventually causing me to have to pay Office Depot $5 for the same service when it turned out to be the wrong fax. (Not his fault that time.)
    I don't want to say the Personal Banker's name; it might be unfair and ageist to someone as young as Andrew. (Oops!) The lady at the help number is overnighting the card to my other nearest branch (not Andrew's) and also put my correct phone number in the records so they won't have to write it on a fugitive piece of paper next time. I was glad to find one competent person in the bank hierarchy. It won't be enough to make me stay, but it was nice to find one.
    Meanwhile, Tamara is feeling much better. I hope it is long before she has migraines again and hope even more that it's never. Crossing all fingers and toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment