Monday, May 2, 2011

Grave dancing

    Hey, I'm glad that Osama bin Laden is dead, or at least that he's no longer able to foment damage. But I feel more than a little creepy about it. I don't believe in capital punishment. I'm not happy about the three pointless wars my country is involved in, with no end in sight. And grave dancing never seems like a good idea. If the death of one man causes you to shout, "USA! USA!," maybe you need to rethink from where you're drawing your pride.
    For all that, at least somebody remembered the point to one of those pointless wars. That it wasn't any of the people who started that war is a credit to him and another bad mark on the crowded record of those who did. And maybe my friend Ossama won't have to go by "Sam" anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment