Saturday, May 28, 2011

Putting my two cents in

    Today's Dad update is MUCH much more cheerful. He's out of ICU, in a private room with no restrictions on visitors (ICU only allowed two at a time) and pretty largely lucid. (Don't move his coffee!) He is in very good cheer and visiting is a lot more fun.
    He was also a lot more clear on his system for bill-paying, so clear that I found that I'd better go to his house and make sure that I hadn't missed any unpaid bills. The only one that was unpaid and near due turned out to be for two cents. Apparently, he never, ever uses his cell phone unless somebody calls him. Somebody did. Though it was someone from Massachusetts, Malcolm didn't recognize the number as belonging to either him, Anne or nephew James. Dad's previous bill had been for 8 cents some time last year. He actually cut a check for that one and mailed it in, but I just couldn't. I took the bill over to the business office and gave them their two cents. The receptionist was tickled and gave me a photocopy of the remittance stub as a receipt. Whiiiich cost them more than two cents, but what the hey? I thought it was pretty cool all the way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment