Sunday, May 29, 2011

Grownup stuff

    Although none of us were present to witness it, Dad apparently got out of bed and walked around his hospital room with a walker (and at least one physical therapist) yesterday morning. Malcolm and Bill were there to see him sitting up in one of the chairs in the room for some hours, though. By the time I got there, he was quite tired, but still pretty lucid and eating fairly well. (It's hospital food, man.)
    I'm continuing to try to do the grownup stuff of paying his bills. He explained his system, where he writes the due date and "PA" on the envelope, then when he pays the bill he adds "ID" (making "PAID," in case that isn't painfully clear). However, it turns out that the date he writes isn't the actual due date, but his personal paying date a week in advance. So it turned out I didn't as I'd thought need to pay any bills yesterday, which let me go visit earlier than I'd expected. Also I got to update the guy across the street on Dad's condition, as the fellow came to ask when I got in my car. As the news is pretty good, that was fun, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment