Friday, May 20, 2011

Lanolin

    And the Total Avocado Lifestyle continues. As mentioned, some supermarkets helpfully have "Ripe when soft" stickers on their avocados especially for idiots like me. However, they don't specify how soft. And I found out the , uh, hard way. If you keep your avocado too long, it winds up tasting a lot like lanolin. (Or if you prefer, rotten avocados taste a lot like lanolin.) Which cuts into the deliciousness of your avocado chocolate pudding pretty markedly.
    I'm learning at something less than the rate that the average kindergartner does, but I'm learning. Once the dang avocado gets soft, I throw it in the fridge. So far it's working for me. If there are any avocado experts out there, I'd appreciate further guidance. Some of us dumb guys are always willing to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment