Tuesday, May 10, 2011

This time with animals

    Someday soon, I'm sure, real life will be more interesting than dream life. Not today, however; maybe it's the avocado chocolate pudding. Last night's dreams were odd even by my standards, and featured an especially unusual array of animals. First there was a dream that left little in memory in the way of details, but I was for some reason with a family and they had a red fox for a pet. Housebroken and cute as a button; sometimes things work better in dreams than they would in real life.
    A middle dream was animal-free but involved my traditional impossible mass transit. I was in a store that had a secret subway-surface station (what they call the trams in Philadelphia) in the basement. As I recall, the line went to London. I mean, don't they always?
    The last animal dream was alarming. For a while I was in a dream where I was basically in a video game. I had a party of adventurers and our task was to find a specific adventurer in a bar and get him to join us so that I could go to sleep. (Presumably, it was a really dull video game. I need to dial back on the William Gibson reading.) I found him, but then just left my party and went to a completely empty building, which as usual was some part of a college. I came to a door and opened it, and found myself in a hotel room unoccupied except for a half dozen dying minks. Well, they were white, which would make them ermines but in the dream I called them minks. I woke enough to turn it into lucid dreaming so that I could find a way to revive them and get help. Good trick if you can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment