Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"I hate you! You are not my friend!"

    As the State Fair gets ready to reopen tomorrow, I am reminded of a time, nine years ago I think, when Alice and I made a visit. We decided to ride the roller coaster, bravely sitting at the very front, where if ever you're going to get a bumpy ride, you get the bumpiest. Sitting behind us were a black girl and a white girl, approximately teenaged. Apparently, the white girl had persuaded the black girl to ride the roller coaster (or maybe to ride sitting in the front car) and the latter let the former know about it. "I hate you! You are not my friend!" she shouted almost the whole way. It was very, very funny; I should note that she didn't sound very sincere, at least about the hating or not being friends part, though I think she was sincerely scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment