Wednesday, October 19, 2011

This is the day

    Dad moves from UniHealth to Rice Estate today. The plan is still that they will pick him up for dialysis normally and drop him off at the new place instead. I'll pick up all or nearly all of his stuff this morning and take it to the new place to be ready for him. The phone situation is complicated. To get a normal land line, I'd have to get a phone and set up an account with the phone company as if he were moving in, which we hope he's not. So I think I'll try him out with a cell phone. Unfortunately, his regular cell phone will no longer charge, so I'll take it around to Verizon and see if there's a simple fix.
    His smart phone is also available and I'm more confident that it won't go walkies at this facility than at the other, not least because it's a semi-private room. Anne says it's insured so she doesn't mind if I leave it with him. Only fly in the ointment is that its battery life is very poor and its charge cord is very short. But if there's an outlet close enough to a bedside table, it might be sufficient. It would be neat for him finally to get to use it after all these months.
    For whatever reason, I'm scared to death. There's no reason at all that this should be any problem at all. Except for the rainy weather, it ought to be sort of fun. But anxiety is very, very high. Hope all turns out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment