Monday, October 3, 2011

Wrong about most everything

    I seem to specialize in being wrong about everything, especially my back. I manage to blame just about anything for my chronic back problems. I suspect that the spine randomly decides to snap back into place for no apparent reason and I just assume that whatever I did most recently was successful. At various times, I've thought that my back trouble is caused by too much fluoride, too little calcium (both in the diet), or (an allergy to) too many dust mites in the house.
    And any or all of these might be contributing factors. But the explanation that checks out best is that I need to be wearing shoes less than a year old with Dr. Scholl's orthotics inserts. These shoes look fine, but just don't seem to be giving support anymore, even with the doctor's help. (I'm pleased that the wear pattern shows that I'm not walking flat-footed these days, though.)
    I still want to get a bolster and put it under my knees at night and see if that helps, too. But I think new shoes would help more. I'm taking care of that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment