Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Not a fan

    Had a dental appointment this morning, and got to try ultrasonic cleaning. I was assured that I'd had it before, and I guess I had because I went in a panic when I noticed there were no cups on the apparatus, meaning that my mouth was going to be dried out by suction. The suction wasn't a problem this time; in fact, it was an improvement. The ultrasonic, however, was flat torture. I eventually had to give the cut signal. I'm not such a fan of having every hair on my body standing on end. Five seconds of it I could have withstood; more than that was more than I could countenance. I'm sure it's a great boon to the stone deaf patients, though.
    Other than that, the appointment went great. I still have to work on the bottom teeth. It just doesn't seem like a skill I'll ever master. But though there's the chance that my gums might go bad, nobody much thinks I'll be getting any more cavities. The one in the cranium is quite enough to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment