Thursday, October 13, 2011

Kitty sneezing

    Yes, I know. It's the ultimate blogging cliche. "My cat looked out the window! My cat was so cute trying to chase a squirrel!" But hell, I was pretty worried. She was sneezing all week, and I really thought I was going to have to take her to the vet. At the same time, my throat got very scratchy and my breathing passages somewhat inflamed. I suspect that we're just having a multi-species allergy flairup. The vacuum cleaner is working very badly, in spite of a new HEPA filter and sponge filter. I think it's headed for the great broom closet in the sky. Maybe we're just putting up with more dust than previously and not coping well.
    The reason I mention all this is because with a sore throat, I can't decide whether or not to visit Dad today. It's not like I'm feeling awful. I meant to buy some Benadryl with the idea of testing whether this is allergies or not, then completely forgot to buy it when at Aldi. So I can't be all that sick. My Facebook friends are advising me to keep to the safe side and not visit. I'm still mentally flipping coins. Of course, I can always call ahead and ask him; as I keep saying, he's the best doctor in the joint!

No comments:

Post a Comment