Saturday, June 9, 2012

Ask and ye shall receive

    Well I wanted a new kind of dream about a different housing situation, and boy I got one. This time I moved into a new apartment with two beautiful women whom I may or may not know in real life. They vanished immediately, so it's kind of hard to say. (That happens a lot in this dream.) Then inexplicably, I was in some place not entirely unlike the Guggenheim (not as far as I know in Columbia SC, but still) with a different beautiful woman. She and I were talking to a man from the state tourism agency. (There isn't one in SC, at least not per se.) Somebody told her that one of the people she was talking to had bad intentions for her. I was pretty sure it wasn't me. Then they vanished.
    Back at the apartment, I was distracted from moving in by trying to track down the fellow with bad intentions. The beautiful women, in spite of having vanished, were hosting another lady, whom I was sorry I couldn't entertain better, but I was too focused on the state tourism agency. I found a very old book that purported to tell how to find it. In spite of being very old, the book literally talked. Unfortunately, it gave directions by assuming you already know where you're going. So that was frustrating.
    Meanwhile, the construction guys took away my roses before I could move them into my new room. (Yeah, it didn't make any sense in the dream, either.) But it was a really, REALLY cool apartment. It had its own private entrance into an ice cream parlor. And another one into an adjoining diner, though the latter was closed. (I guess if it closes in the evening it isn't a diner but a breakfaster.) There was Latin music coming out of the empty diner though. This was odd in itself, but also odd insofar as my dreams don't usually have soundtracks unless I'm playing music out in the real world. Could have been a car going by, I guess.
    Next wish: a dream where the beautiful women don't vanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment