Saturday, June 23, 2012

Credit where it's due

    I've gotten out of the habit of watching TV, but they have one at the waiting area at dialysis. Sometimes, in the afternoons, it's tuned to CBS, where I have learned about Dr. Oz. I know very little about Dr. Oz except that his real name is longer than that and he seems to be a good egg. The other day, he recommended Hodgson Mill brown rice pasta with flaxseed. Being hip to try just about anything gluten free (and lucky enough to find it in the GF section of, of all places, WalMart) I gave it a go.
    I crazy-mad loved it. OK, I liked it fine; where the crazy-mad came in was later when I started craving it. I always find it a good sign when I start craving healthy stuff. I always feel that way about real brown rice, but never do about quick (parboiled) brown rice. And now I have another. Kudos to Dr. Oz, whoever he might be!
    Today at dialysis, there was an older lady in the waiting room singing spirituals to herself very softly. I wanted to tell her, "Sing louder!" but figured that that would be more than a lot presumptuous. But I wish she would have. (Volume was off on the waiting room TV today for some reason; maybe she's always done that but I couldn't hear.)
    Every day at dialysis, there are at least three women with Marshalls shopping bags. You start thinking, Do only diabetics shop at Marshalls? Do all diabetics shop at Marshalls? I guess Marshalls just has kickass shopping bags, and the word gets around. But it do make you wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment