Saturday, June 30, 2012

Terrifying squiggly lines

    Yes, yes I know. Dreams again. Hey, at least it isn't poetry!:)
    I had a nightmare last night where there were little blue lines moving around under one of my fingernails. Then they would migrate around, circling the finger. Sort of like "Alien" without anything popping out of my chest, or more like that "X Files" episode set in the Arctic.
    There were a couple of odd aspects to this dream. One is that it sprang up full blown in the middle of another dream, the more usual thing where I'm inexplicably living in a dormitory and equally inexplicably moving my stuff from room to room, or maybe trying to find my stuff.
    The odder aspect is that it was my finger from a past year. To move up a year, I whacked my hand on a hard surface. I suspected that the year in question was 1955. (In real life, this was 7 years before I was born.) So I whacked my hand repeatedly while somebody recited events from various years. I was hoping that eventually I would recognize an event and be able to couple it with a year and thus be able to count backwards to see what year my blue-line invaded finger was from. (Does this make sense? Does anything in a dream make sense?) Alas, I lost count when "The Godfather was mentioned. I thought I was up to 100 years by then, though. Apparently, in my sleep I'm really really really old.

No comments:

Post a Comment