Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'm just a bad person

    So I got panhandled again, two days in a row, and can conclude that my earlier thought that it was an earlier panhandler's obvious attempt at an oblique approach that annoyed me was in error. I'm just a bad person. I don't like getting panhandled because I don't like being put in position to make that decision, nor to say no.
    These two gentlemen were anything but oblique. The first was on a bike, with a canned beverage in a brown bag in his hand, and tried me as I was getting out of my car at Publix. The second was inside Palmetto Seafood and tried me right at the counter. So two drunks, basically, with more chutzpah than judgment. I probably should have just given them both money. Then again, I could have had somebody call the cops on either or both of them, so I guess I'm not totally a bad person. The oblique approach seems quite refreshing on second thought. The next person who says, "Excuse me sir I'd like to talk to you," I think I'll just hand 'em a dollar.

2 comments: