Sunday, June 3, 2012

Time machine

    It doesn't matter when, because it happened many times and with many people. A woman shows strong signs of being attracted to me, and I do my best to show that I am attracted in turn. But because I'm both a Martian and a coward, the message never quite makes it both ways. She feels pushed away, or so I assume. I never get the post-mortem; just the random abuse. This could be from hell hath no fury, or it could just be that I'm just that annoying. I'll probably never know.
    I think if I ever complete that time machine and get another chance, particularly with the one I thought of as The Other One (ie, the other half of me), I'll try to keep my rampant fatalism to myself. It comes across as pessimism, though that isn't what it is. At this point, given my achievements in the wide, wide world, it would be surprising if I weren't comfortable with and even amused by my own failure. That's all it is.
    Of course, if she is The Other One, it would hardly be a surprise that she's fairly difficult. I guess if I get that time machine built, for my own part I'll try to amp back from just flat impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment