Friday, June 1, 2012

Male-female (though not boy-girl) stuff

    When two computers love each other very much, sometimes they want to make a connection. Unfortunately, sometimes the cables needed to make that connection are very expensive. Dollar Tree sells male to female USB connection cables for (you guessed it) a dollar. And I was mad, because I couldn't figure out how that could help me. Until this morning, when I figured out that if you get two (two whole dollars), bob's you're uncle and you have your computers hooked up. Those who know me well will hardly be surprised to hear that I'm not so good at figuring out the art and science of the male-female connection. Or any other, really.
    Now I'm trying to do the same trick for the iPod Nano, because it's the best radio in the house, but its radio only operates when the earbuds are plugged in (as they're also the antenna) and you can't hook it to the cradle (and thus speakers) with the earbuds plugged in.
    In other Dollar Tree news, they have Matchbox cars and Hot Wheels! I don't think those toys were a dollar even when I was a kid and they were made by dinosaurs. Of course they're probably smaller than they were then. But still!
    Did I ever mention that Dad's access clearing procedure went well? I can see looking down that I didn't. It did. Then yesterday, dialysis was so smooth that they actually got him in early, and out again before I could even open my book. Yaaaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment