Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Affective

    As I've mentioned before, cold weather feels a lot different depending how sunny or cloudy it is. Last week was probably a lot colder than this week, but it was sunny and beautiful, so we were all a lot more cheerful about Dad's passing than we would have been otherwise. This week is cold, overcast, rainy, windy and clammy and everything seems a lot more depressing and death-like. People talk about Seasonal Affective Disorder, which I understand to be a function of the short days and long nights. I guess I don't have that. I more have Rainy Days and Mondays Disorder; I'm just bummed when it's cold and damp. More Frank McCourt than Shirley Manson, I suppose.
    I'm starting to make progress with the lawyer, whom I like, and I received a draft drawing of Dad's marker, which I also like. Scrolling down, I can't see that I've mentioned it before, but if I did there's no harm mentioning it again. It will feature a caduceus, his full name, his dates, and "Beloved Father" and "A Pillar of Public Health in SC" There were three characters left over; we considered putting three hearts between the two inscriptions, but I like the drawing so much, I think I'll leave them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment