Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Back where I belong

    Because of Dad's illness and death and funeral and various attendant troubles and crises, I haven't been able to take a proper walk in a couple of weeks now. I walked around the neighborhood, but that's hardly the same. Today, I returned to Timmerman Trail, which is now part of Cayce Riverwalk, somewhat confusing since it doesn't connect to the rest of Cayce Riverwalk. But there you go. What ever became of the 12,000 Year Park, I don't know; I guess it'll get here some time in the next 12,000 years.
    Soon, soon, pretty soon, I'll be back on proper trails instead of the concrete stuff. I ache to head to the mountains, and also back to Bull's Island in the Lowcountry. At the moment, I'm a bit too much at the beck and call of lawyers, accountants and tombstone carvers. But I'll be back out with the bears and the alligators again soon. Already I feel like I can breathe way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment