Thursday, January 29, 2015

Reassurance always good

    Talked to accountants today. Basically, they said that I had nothing that had to be taken care of immediately. (Granted, two months has a way of evaporating pretty quickly, but still that isn't "immediately".) And they were (or said they were) surprised that I was as on the ball as I am. Even if they were just being nice, it was good to hear that it's possible for clients to be even more frazzled and confused as I am at present.
    It's true that all the marathon walking (OK, 5K walking) is gradually reducing my baseline anxiety level to somewhere around tolerable, and I'm starting to think clearly at least now and then. After lunch, I got in the car to drive to a trail. That never strikes me as the clearest thinking, and neither does the following. I was going to take the beltway and go to Cayce Riverwalk/Timmerman Trail walk it and its additions in their entirety. But the people in a couple of vehicles annoyed me, so I let them have the exit lane and I went out to Congaree National Park instead. While this may not have been an unusually rational move, it was a good one. The day was perfect. A morning that started out at 24 degrees turned into an afternoon closer to 60, and gorgeous. I walked a hell of a long way, I guess about 3 hours worth, more than I could have gotten at Timmerman without doing the big loop more than once. And I think I walked some more kinks out of my psyche. Or I like to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment