Wednesday, January 28, 2015

All the best recipes say "Follow package directions"

    This is really another retread, since I think I already posted about my peach cobblerish gluten-free dessert. But we'll see if portion control makes it better.
    I've been making mini-muffins of various types for years, for no reason except that I could find a mini-muffin pan and they seemed the right size for me. Late last year, I was looking for mini-muffin paper liners and accidentally bought the full-sized ones instead. I couldn't use them, so they just sat in the drawer.
    Today, Aldi had non-stick muffin pans at a reasonable price. They also had peach slices in fruit juice (like the pans, not an item they carry every day) and gluten-free yellow cake mix. The latter is an every day item, but may not be for long. The gluten-free baking section is moving ever further into Siberia and I got the last yellow cake mix visible. (Take that, Colin Powell!)
    I drained the heck out of the peaches, rinsing them repeatedly because that peach and pear juice looked a lot like heavy syrup to me. And I cut up the slices a LOT. But yeah, otherwise, I just followed package directions, except for using almond milk instead of milk. Getting the dang goop into the muffin cups took about a year; I guess I'll have to think out my method better if it turns out well and this becomes a habit.
    As well as it came out in a pan, I'm pretty confident that the stuff will also be good as muffins. They sure smell good! So dessertification resumes, I'm glad to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment