Friday, January 9, 2015

Locusts still in abeyance

    The way this year kicked off, I could be forgiven for expecting us all to have been carried off by a plague of locusts or maybe flying monkeys by now. Mercifully, things have reverted to what passes for normal so far at least. I'm still having trouble getting over this stupid cold, but it gets better every day. I quit Tylenol and zinc lozenges yesterday, and am probably retiring my new-found hot decaf tea habit today. Actually, I'm probably back to status quo ante by now; I've been coughing pretty regularly since it got cold. I tend to blame the kitties. The new thing was my throat being on fire. Happily, that is at an end. (Knock wood!)
    We very much enjoyed talking to the minister this afternoon, and were glad to include Margaret as well. He's a pretty open-minded guy, as befits somebody who has done hospice work for 30 years. He got a big kick out of the story of how my father's father left the Methodist ministry: he declared from the pulpit his doubts about Jesus' divinity. Rebels, us Dantzlers, every one of us! We liked his ideas for Dad's service and eulogy. I'm sure it will be lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment