Monday, January 19, 2015

Hoping against reflux

    Throughout the recent crisis and aftermath, I've had an intermittently scratchy and burning throat as well as the cough that never quite goes away which I'm sure I've mentioned now and again. Somebody suggested that it might be acid reflux rather than a cold or flu. Since I don't have a lot of refluxy type symptoms, this seemed unlikely, but I tried sleeping on my slant pillow for a while just in case. And my throat got better. So I put away the slant pillow. And my throat got worse.
    Now in the theory of things, I wouldn't have any problem with just sleeping on my slant pillow every night forever. However, I wake in the night with numbness at the back of my head which takes quite a while to subside. Last night, I just said "heck with this" and slept without any pillow at all, which is much my preference. While my throat isn't great, it isn't bad either. There's a hint of burning, but nothing painful. It occurs to me that kitties lying on my belly might not be the greatest thing for acid reflux and if I could persuade them to stop, it might be a good thing. But my ability to persuade kitties to do anything has so far proved to be minimal. I will hope it isn't reflux and if the burning continues, I'll see somebody about it sooner or later.
    Weather continues insanely beautiful and warm and the winds have blown away. It's always almost funny when I'm out taking a walk and cross over in about a second from chilly to hot. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment