Sunday, January 25, 2015

Starting to be a little less blank

    So far, in the period since my dad died, I've had pretty high levels of clarity while I'm out hiking, pretty much period. This, obviously, doesn't help a lot. The rest of the time, I have pretty clear ideas of all the important stuff I'm supposed to be doing and every good intention of doing them. And I never decide not to do them; I'm not intentionally malingering. I just go blank. I don't feel depressed, but I certainly act depressed. Apparently, I'm in the blankness stage of grieving.
    Yesterday and today, I've been gathering up all my papers and getting a little more organized. It may not qualify as getting off my duff, quite, but it's more than a start. Unfortunately, there are some documents I need before I can proceed, and some of them may have gotten lost in the mail. So I have to find some way to track those down ASAP. While it would be nice to be able to do this without having to pay the lawyers more, a lawyer's name on the letterhead would probably expedite matters considerably. But I guess I'll phone first to see if stuff is in the mail. 2015, can I start having fun soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment