Friday, January 23, 2015

That cold, bony hand

    Last week, Margaret's friend Mildred died, and she found how especially sad it is to have another funeral just after losing a person particularly close to you. Yesterday, my friend and high school debate partner Russ died, and I'm finding the same thing. Just a little extra shock, to go with the considerable one of having somebody just a little older than me leave so early. We haven't seen each other much in 30-odd years, but stayed in touch via the Internet. I have no details at all, either of how it happened or when services are happening except for a suggestion that they would be this weekend. We were for some reason the Steinberg Twins, on what must have been the most obnoxious debate team in the history of the world. More recently, Russ served in the Gulf War. His many amazing stories were supposed to turn into a book, co-written or at least edited by me. I'm so sorry that that never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment