Friday, March 2, 2012

And he's out

    In the end, it wasn't any big deal getting Dad out. We needed one of those clothing racks on wheels, but none were available since other people were also moving in or out. So I just carried everything out myself. Everything fit in my car, so I sent Dad ahead with William. I took all the stuff to Margaret's, though she most likely won't want any of his sweat clothes with his name written all over them. I figure we can move the superfluous stuff over to his house later.
    The nursing staff was great. They were going to give him his medication information on a printout, but he said he couldn't read it. So the really nice nurse recopied everything by hand in large print. Margaret needed me to get her a few groceries, so I did. Dad was trying to get his doctor on the phone to get prescriptions written. Though Rice Home sent along a pretty good supply of everything he's taking.
    So it all went well. Hope things keep up that way. Today, I have to take him to dialysis from Margaret's for the first time. It sucks that her birthday falls on a dialysis day. But they'll get to celebrate sooner or later.

2 comments:

  1. Best news in many months. Hoping everything will be totally copacetic!! And for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All fingers and toes are crossed for sure!

    ReplyDelete