Saturday, March 3, 2012

Vacation

    Or evacuation. My brain seems to be taking this opportunity to take a little vacation, or possibly evacuation. I don't have anything on the ball at all. All I seem to want to do is play elderly computer games. So forgive it please that this blog entry is about not making a conspicuously cogent blog entry. I do have glimmerings of bright ideas, but then they run away again.
    Continuing my second favorite theme, I had another interesting dream, this time just as I was waking up. I was on a train that had a lot more grades to traverse than any train I've been on in real life that wasn't a roller coaster. When it crested one, I saw the last light of a copper sunset reflected on a great river to my left. I thought "Copper dawn-- sunset." Which is about how my brain's working in real life, too. Anyway, a rare lovely vista in a dream, or at least in my dreams. When the train reached the station, of course, it was no longer a train  but rather a school bus. I had been on a field trip with a group of adults. Hey, it could happen!

2 comments:

  1. The train scene is striking and might be page one of your novel. "Long Train To Canada". In other news, I get no notice of comments on my comments, so it's sometimes months and only accidentally that I find them. Would it be different if I joined your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I dunno about joining the blog; I think it just means that if you log into Blogger you see whatever updates I've made. The only blog I follow never gets updated, so I don't know too much about following blogs.

    ReplyDelete